Ever Lush Hair Serum The ever-nourishing hair serum for optimum lush and luminosity! Here in Boulder, Colorado we are in the middle of Winter. The chilling mountain temperatures and wind has been the catalyst for introducing a wonderful hair nourishing product we call: Ever Lush. We at Ananda Apothecary are thrilled to share with you Ever […]
Nefertiti was the Cleopatra of her time – just as wealthy, just as powerful. A stunning, glowing beauty. The discovery of her gorgeously crafted bust put her perfectly accentuated features in the limelight while the monument draws attention of thousands of people until today – the way the Egyptian queen appeared is too striking to overlook.
Many have wondered what was the beauty routine of the heavenly-looking queen and what served her well. To find the answer, experts have studied the very roots of the case, namely the plants that were widely available in the region of Egypt in ancient times. Their discoveries were confirmed by what was found in the official historical sources; we have used those facts. Among the omnipresent ancient Egyptian plants used for beauty purposes, the main ingredients of our products Ever Bright and Ever Youthful: Neroli and Rose – are to be found. Let’s take a closer look on their beautifying properties as well as how Egyptian royalty used them everyday.
Neroli, also known as bitter orange flower, was frequently included in the typical Egyptian skin care routine. This added to Nefertiti’s compelling glow – nothing shocking about that when we look at the plant’s properties:
- It is considered the queen of perfumery because of its delicate yet enchanting scent – it is all thanks to an abundance of esters like linalyl acetate, geranyl acetate and neryl acetate
- It is also rich in terpenes of various kinds like linalool, terpineols, geraniol, limonene and pinenes; they are of potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic activities. This is really everything one can look for in a multi-tasking beautifying ingredient.
Thanks to Neroli, those living in ancient Egypt could smell wonderful and have glowing, smooth, healthy skin at the same time.
When it comes to the second ancient Egyptian treasure, which is Rose, it holds just as much power as Neroli. Egyptians believed that the plant had powerful healing and aphrodisiac properties – that’s why many households would even boil roses into an oily residue to extract a beauty-enhancing balm. Cleopatra would fill her room with roses to smell like them everyday; the petals would also be widely found in tombs. Rose is a symbol for Isis, known as one of the well-worshiped Egyptian goddesses.
- Rose has a plethora of flavonoids that display antioxidant characteristics. Due to this, it is potently beautifying, anti-aging and anti-inflammatory.
- The different types of terpenes mentioned above are what this plant is loaded with. Here we are going to mention their additional benefit though – terpenes are of calming, de-stressing activities so they not only care for the external beauty but for the mental one as well. Surely because of them Neferititi was more composed and gracious.
It’s wonderful that we know what we know about ancient Egyptian times. The way they took care of themselves is notable, and this is why we made products to replicate the Eternal Beauty of the ancient Egyptian culture. We hope to bring you much beauty and light with these products! You can click here for Ever Bright, and click here for Ever Youthful.
- Abhishek Dutt Tripathi, R.S. Mishra, Ashok Kumar Yadav, Manju Tiwari, Sana Fatma, R.R. Mishra; Recent advances in food processing & technology
- Ivana Bonaccorsia, Danilo Sciarronea, Luisa Schipillitia, Alessandra Trozzib, Hussein A. Fakhryc, Giovanni Dugo; Composition of Egyptian Nerolì Oil