In Eternal Memory of Eric Cech, Ananda’s Founder “The best business model I can hope for is one that will run out of business.” – Eric Cech Eric’s business mindset was otherworldly. He admitted in casual conversation to his wife Anita one day: “The best business model I can hope for is one that […]
First the Upside: Locally, Nationally and Globally it is appearing WE as a ONE collective are working as a team. Never before have we as a humanity taken such immediate and focused care about our health and well being. This is the most amazing thing to see these days. In some respects, this is an incredible time to be alive, as we are beginning to see many of the improvements and awakenings taking place on the planet and in our communities. From reduction in pollution, to time with family, and in many parts of the world– a re-emergence of wildlife and compassion. This is the upside! We are all actively taking necessary precautions and doing our part to lower our risk of illness and the risk to that of others.
Yet there is a hidden risk that everyone’s ignoring when it comes to mandates to stay home. As the nation shuts down, you’re probably spending more time than ever indoors. For many, this may bring on a whole new set of dangers that have been long known, but are not being talked about currently.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has repeatedly warned: ‘Indoor air contains deadly contaminants and pollutants.’ In fact, most common illnesses come from breathing stale, circulating air throughout the home.
While we are not trying to add to the fear and panic that is already circulating mentally, emotionally and energetically, we do feel it is something to address with a pragmatic mind, so the precautionary measures we are so diligently applying to our lives, is the most successful all the way around! 🙂
Consider this a simple, important reminder to look after yourself, get some fresh air, and help move the air in your home … or even better, clear the air by sanitizing it.
Use of essential oils are also one of the best ways to clear stale air energetically and add a bit of uplifting aroma with sanitizing, anti-viral and anti-bacterial benefits to boon! Studies have proven their effectiveness at reducing dangerous airborne microbes. You and many others are well aware of this fact, as we have been overwhelmed by orders of our top selling anti-viral and anti-bacterial blends and oils due to this health event taking place. Thank you for knowing this effective way of health management. We are grateful for the support and elated that so many newcomers are now turning to natural remedies to help prevent illness.
ADDITIONAL TIPS FOR LONG HOURS IN THE HOME:
- Welcome nature into your home whenever possible. Open the windows or run a fan with air either coming in from outdoors or to push air outwardly.
- Take time for recreation. In most places, like our hometown in Boulder, recreation is not restricted, as keeping our bodies mobile and
exercised promotes health and an immunity boost.
- Go outside just to get a dose of clean air, or move the body to help flush the blood throughout your amazing vessel and offer a change of environment per the conditions we are working with at this time.
- Diffuse essential oils with anti-microbial and anti-viral properties in your home a few times throughout the day.
- When used in a diffuser, lavender, eucalyptus and tea tree were shown to work in under 60 minutes. Peppermint and ylang ylang are another two favorites. The key component here is all have antibacterial properties, that can help remove indoor toxins.
TIPS FOR DIFFUSING IN THE HOME:
- When using a nebulizing diffuser you do not need to run it for more than 5-7 minutes at a time.
- Ultra sonic diffusers can run up to 45 minutes or as long as the built-in timers allow. The vapors are diffused and mixed with water so the aromatics are less strong. Think of this method like ‘time-release.
- Ananda’s Banksia seed pod diffusers are made from nature itself and disperse so divinely, naturally. The essential oil will evaporate itself out in it’s own timing through the organic biology of the seed pod itself. You can let it be and simply refill it when it runs out. The Banksia seed diffusers may be the best if you have little one’s at home. They disperse subtly, yet effectively.
- More important to note when diffusing any essential oil, you do need to ensure it is of the utmost quality and can be used therapeutically. We can offer suggestions of what oils you can use for your home, and we can certainly vouch that Ananda oils, are 100% pure – and lovingly grown with no added chemicals or pesticides.
Remember, they are called ‘essential oils’ for a reason. They are the full ‘essence’ of the plant and it’s properties — which at this time, and any time are ‘essential’ to our health and well being when used properly. You can essentially bring the experience of nature into your home right out of a bottle, or a diffuser. During these times, I’m sure you appreciate what a comfort this can be.
To add to that comfort, do know we will all get through this together. Further appreciate how fortunate we are to have nature’s best plant remedies as part of our ‘team’.
WE as a ONE collective are working as a team, and the plants we have at our fingertips are part of our team and this amazing process!
Do take care of yourself and your family, and thank you so much for your patience, your support and spreading the word about Ananda to those you love.
For an update on changes, shipping times, customer service response and other information due to Covid-19, please click here.
Stay Strong, Stay Positive, Stay Healthy and Stay Connected~
The Ananda Team
To help Hydrate skin despite more frequent washing of hands, add a few drops of your essential oil to a carrier oil or cream for topical application and prevention. Keep your hands supple and soft and eliminate the common dry out with sanitation practices. To See Carrier Oils, click here.