Your web browser is out of date

For the best experience, please upgrade. Learn more

Reply To: Herpes Simplex

eon
Participant

wouldn’t a melissa (lemon balm) tea be much more effective as it is consumed? I’ve never “applied” EO on my skin other than vanilla EO since the instruction on the back of the vial suggested it. I didn’t know EO can be applied on the skin as much as it is for use with a diffuser as “aromatherapy”. I guess some can be taken internally? Just depends on what is instructed on the product. I’ve used Lavender for sleep purposes. Seem to work for it.

I have herpes, I forgot which one, but it is an STD. Not sure if what is happening with one of my eye is now ocular herpes which is why I am looking for an EO that is for the eye thinking it may help. I looked up the symptom of ocular herpes and I believe I have it. Who knows. It just showed symptoms a few months ago, while I’ve had herpes for almost 10 years. I think when I took a zinc picolinnate supplement is when I noticed my eye issue (only 1 eye). Not sure if the supplement may have created the issue or if zinc will exacerbate herpes. I’ve tried stopping supplementing for a week but the eye issue is still present so I’m not positive if zinc is the problem here.

I do notice when eating those sweet baby carrots my eye irritation seem to vanish almost immediately. Must be the high vitamin A. I do have some eye supplement like asthaxanthin with lutein. I was told supplementing with vitamin A is not all that safe or necessary. I don’t know.