Your web browser is out of date

For the best experience, please upgrade. Learn more

Reply To: Which Oils to use in skin care formulas for my face?

Home Forums Blends and Recipes for Skin Care Natural Beauty Skin Care Which Oils to use in skin care formulas for my face? Reply To: Which Oils to use in skin care formulas for my face?

laurasumner
Participant

Hello amboos,

Although I’m new here in the Ananda community, I’m no stranger to essential oils and their benefits.
As a person who used to battle serious acne problems, in my experience I found that Grapeseed and Watermelon seed carrier oils are among the few oils that absorb rapidly and don’t leave a fat feeling on the face. Watermelon controls my sebum really well. The one carrier oil renowned for its powerful anti-aging properties is Jojoba oil. But personally I didn’t get along well with it, even though most of the people I know did. It leaves a waxy film on the skin, which helps in retaining the moisture and nutrients under the skin, slowing down the aging process. But that can sometimes block the pores too.

When it comes to “how much” carrier oil to use in your recipe, it depends on the quantity you want to make. Usually 2 fl. Oz (50 ml) is enough to fill it with carrier oil and a few drops of essential oil to last you at least 1 month (once a day, face and neckline).
My suggestion is to find recipes that state exactly the quantity of carriers and EOs to use.

As for the essential oils you should use, that’s more to the results you’re looking for. For deep cleansing and antimicrobial effects (against your acne) you can use Tea Trea, Patchouli or Peppermint. For anti-aging and antimicrobial effects you can use Rose essential oil, Geranium etc.

Essential oils mix only with carrier oils (or milk, honey or bath salts). The moment you put a few drops in a given amount of carrier oil, you’ll get a really potent and efficient blend. They combine their properties and deliver all that’s best into your skin.

All skin types need a moisturizer, no matter the age.
Here’s an anti-age face serum, which I hope you’ll find useful.

You’ll need a small roll on bottle or a dropper bottle of 15 ml (0.50 fl. Oz). Fill it 3/4 with a carrier oil of your choice (depending what you want to treat. Grapeseed or Watermelon seed oils – to keep the sebum under control, nourish and unblock pores). Then add 3 drops of Geranium, 2 drops of Rose, and 3 drops of Patchouli.

Geranium will tighten your skin and minimize the wrinkles, Rose will get you rid of marks and kill bacteria and Patchouli will soothe inflammation and replace old body cells with new ones.

I hope my answer satisfies some of your concerns, even though it comes later. Please feel free to ask more questions if something is not clear enough.

I wish you the best of luck and a clear and healthy looking skin amboos 🙂