Your web browser is out of date

For the best experience, please upgrade. Learn more

Blend for Upper Respiratory Infections

Home Forums General Topics on Essential Oils Your Experience with Essential Oils Blend for Upper Respiratory Infections

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    merlin

I have been suffering with this infection and attendant cough for several days. Last night, I added a few oils useful for enhancing the immune system to moderately hot bath water, and this morning am feeling much, much better. The cough is almost entirely gone as well.

I used three drops each of Frankincense, Bergamot, Rosemary Verbenone and Lavender. HIghly recommended!

ananda staff
    Participant

ONE drop of Inula can help, if necessary to clear excess mucus from the system if necessary…

barbie56
    Participant

When you say one drop of inula…how do you take it? Mix with carrier oil to rub on the skin, maybe the chest? I have been reading about inula and plan to give it a try, but it is a bit pricey!!

I would also like to know if it is possible to use essential oils with an actual nebulizer made for asthma? Perhaps by adding a drop of essential oil (such as inula or eucalyptus, etc.) to distilled salt water in the medication cup?

ananda staff
    Participant

Hi – actually, that should be re-phrased. Just a ‘hint’ of Inula can do the trick. Can be inhaled from the bottle or sample vial. It is said to be effective at clearing mucous ‘at odor threshold’…

Yes, eucalyptus itself has been researched effective for asthma – We’ve had reports of dramatic improvements with the oil…Though you may want this a little on the stronger side than you describe.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.