Your web browser is out of date

For the best experience, please upgrade. Learn more

Question about safe use of wintergreen oil

Home Forums Essential Oil Properties Essential Oils for Pain Relief Question about safe use of wintergreen oil

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    chigirl40
    Participant

I recently purchased athletic magic and so far it seems to be helping. I can use it at work without smelling like I’m using “ben gay”. However, I love the benefits of wintergreen and the way it feels. So I’m thinking of getting a second bottle of athletic magic and adding my own wintergreen to one of them. Maybe even wintergreen and peppermint. What would be a safe and beneficial amount of wintergreen to add to a 60 ml bottle of athletic magic? I’m currently using it for an acute case of tendonitis at my elbow and it is helping me get through work while I’m recovering.
    Or should I just make my own “warming” pain relief blend with peppermint, wintergreen, and clove and layer it with athletic magic? Any good recipe blends using those 3 oils?

Thanks!

ananda staff
    Participant

Hi – All this is already blended in our Super Soother. The thing with Wintergreen (or Birch – they are really the same, though Birch smells just a little nicer) is to only use as much as you need for relief, for only as long as you need it.

Don’t think ‘warming’ so much, but anti-inflammatory. Consider using Turmeric CO2 rather than Clove…The Helichrysum in any formula will bring circulation to the area.

Best!
    Eric

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.